Skip to main content
Friends, this is Carri. My apologies, but I have the topic in August and I will not be able to attend because of work. I need someone to fill in.

We could come up with a new topic, or switch with another that is upcoming.

September's topic is "Depression in Utah" and Emily is the topic host.
October is "Half-Baked and Happy" and I am the topic host (Carri).
November is "The Creative Spark" and Tyler is the topic host.
(December we do not have a topic. Instead we mix, mingle, and discuss topics for 2011.)

Tyler or Emily could trade with me for September or November, but then I would be hosting two months in a row and that is not fun for anyone.

My preference is to take August's original topic - "Bowling Alone" about the breakdown of the American community - and do it in October instead of "Half-Baked and Happy." That would mean some brave soul could prepare an entirely new topic for August 3. Any takers? Submit your idea as a comment. If we get more than one, we'll take a quick blog vote this Thursday, July 22).

What say ye?

Comments

  1. GUNS? Several people mentioned that they'd like to have a gun dialogue (debate?) around the question: Do guns save lives? Not sure who would facilitate? Jay? Mitch? Spencer? I could help pull some readings from both sides of the fence. This may require us to duke it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's fodder for a guns debate: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,958392-1,00.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment